Stathera is a semiconductor company focused on delivering performance leading MEMS timing and frequency reference solutions for the semiconductor industry. Headquartered in Montreal, our team specializes in MEMS timing products which provides disruptive competitive advantages over quartz-based timing.
At Stathera, we are working on transforming the $10B, 100-year-old quartz-based timing market, into MEMS-based timing with our breakthrough innovation in MEMS technology. We are using ingenuity to break paradigms, lowering power while increasing performance. Through our team's innovation both in MEMS and ASIC fields, and commitment to excellence, our goal is to speed up the IoT revolution, and unlock disruptive advantages for IoT, Wearables, Smartphones, and a variety of other applications.
Stathera’s breakthrough innovation in Timing technology and was the only Canadian company to make it to EE Times Silicon 60: 2018’s Emerging Companies to Watch.
INTRODUCTION TO ROLE
At Stathera, we are looking for interns in the field of custom layout Integrated Circuit design to join our team. We encourage enthusiastic candidates with Bachelor or Master’s degrees in electrical engineering that have an interest in working on innovative projects to apply to this position.
The successful candidate will work with the Stathera team on different projects assisting in the design of high precision analog blocks in the field of micro-electro-mechanical-systems (MEMS) in a fast moving, collaborative, and high performing Startup environment.
The IC Design Intern will report directly to the Director of ASIC Development and will be expected to work on a full-time basis, namely 40 hours a week.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- You would be working with Stathera's analog IC design team, designing the layout for our high-precision analog blocks
- You would run DRC and LVS checks to make sure the design satisfies the technological constraints
- You would host layout reviews where you would get the chance to share your work with the team of experienced circuit designers
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Science or other equivalent;
- Some previous exposure to custom IC layout design
- Familiarity with Cadence Virtuoso, DRC and LVS checks
- Familiarity with the basic layout design concepts: parasitic effects, symmetry, regularity and matching, gradient and proximity effects, IR drops and reliability.
- Proven problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Works well under pressure and has great time management skills;
- Is a team player and collaborates well with others.
Stathera’s offices are located in the heart of downtown Montreal with direct bike path access, BIXI bike stands, close proximity to Place Des Arts metro station and multiple bus lines. We are an enthusiastic and energetic group of individuals committed to the success and well-being of our people. Some of our office perks include smoothies, coffees, bagels and other free snacks and treats at your disposal. Our office breakroom includes a ping-pong and foosball table and our kitchen is fully equipped to prepare your breakfast or lunch. We also host regular 5@7 events at the office and have our very own beer tap installed in our kitchen. What more could you ask for?
If you are looking to start your career with a supportive team, gain valuable work experience and have what it takes to join our internship program, please send us your resume, we would love to hear from you!
Stathera is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to creating a work environment based on mutual respect, hard work and inclusion without bias or discrimination. Our team is made up of people from all backgrounds and walks of life, and each member is valued for what they know and what they can contribute. As a collective we are continuously learning and encourage each other to push our boundaries and make mistakes we can all learn from. Those who do so will get an opportunity to grow with us and share in our success.