Principal Analog/Mixed-Signal IC Design Engineer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada .
full-time . December 15, 2021
full-time . December 15, 2021
Stathera is a semiconductor company focused on delivering performance leading MEMS timing and frequency reference solutions for the semiconductor industry. Headquartered in Montreal, our team specializes in MEMS timing products which provides disruptive competitive advantages over quartz-based timing. At Stathera, we are also passionate about saving time, and reducing system cost for our customers. Our first-to-the-world true dual-output (kHz and MHz) MEMS oscillator replaces two quartz-based oscillators, enabling simplification of system design, miniaturization, BOM reduction, lower current consumption, and lower cost for a variety of applications including wearables, IoT and smartphones.
Stathera is transforming the 100-year-old quartz-based timing market to MEMS-based timing with our breakthrough innovation in Timing technology and was the only Canadian company to make it to EE Times Silicon 60: 2018’s Emerging Companies to Watch.
Through our team's innovation both in MEMS and ASIC fields, and our commitment to excellence, we our goal is to speed up the IoT revolution, and unlock disruptive advantages for IoT, Wearables, Smartphones, and a variety of other applications. We looking to hire talented Analog IC Design Engineers to join our team and lead this effort. As such, if you are looking to continue your career with a supportive team, immerse yourself in innovative technologies, gain valuable work experience and have what it takes to join Stathera, please send us your resume, we would love to hear from you!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- You would be working in a newly formed team, designing a full ASIC from scratch, meaning a lot of interesting work and a lot of room for creating innovative solutions ;
- You would be contributing to all aspects and the complete cycle of circuit design & development;
- You would be defining the required tests and the verification methodology;
- You would be creating and running the test benches, and analyzing the functionality and performance of different analog modules;
- You would be debugging the circuits (pre- and post-layout), to achieve the required performance;
- You would be helping with the post-silicon debug, and ASIC/MEMS integration.
REQUIRED SKILLS – WHO YOU ARE
- You are curious about emerging technologies and motivated to find new solutions to improve the existing tech infrastructure;
- You are an analog-oriented circuit designer, excited about working on a full-chip design;
- You have experience with analog (full-custom, transistor-level VLSI) design within UNIX environment;
- You are proficient with schematic capture tools such as Cadence Virtuoso or Synopsys Custom Compiler;
- You are familiar with Spectre and/or other Spice-based circuit simulators such as Hspice, XA, Finesim or AFS;
- You have a decent knowledge of the design flow, testing methodology, block-level specifications, calibration & compensation, etc. ;
- You are familiar with the layout design concepts (parasitic effects, symmetry, regularity and matching, gradient and proximity effects, reliability, etc.).
DESIRED SKILLS - NICE TO HAVE
- Some experience using scripting languages (Shell, PERL, Python, TCL, etc.);
- Some experience with analog circuit modeling in Verilog or VerilogA;
- Some experience with Matlab and Simulink.
Stathera’s offices are located in the heart of downtown Montreal with direct bike path access, BIXI bike stands, close proximity to Place Des Arts metro station and multiple bus lines. We are an enthusiastic and energetic group of individuals committed to the success and well-being of our people. All of our employees have access to your Group Benefits Plan and our annual Health and Wellness Allowance. Some of our office perks include smoothies, coffees, bagels and other free snacks and treats at your disposal. Our office breakroom includes a ping-pong and foosball table and our kitchen is fully equipped to prepare your breakfast or lunch. We also host regular 5@7 events at the office and have our very own beer tap installed in our kitchen. What more could you ask for?
Stathera is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to creating a work environment based on mutual respect, hard work and inclusion without bias or discrimination. Our team is made up of people from all backgrounds and walks of life, and each member is valued for what they know and what they can contribute. As a collective we are continuously learning and encourage each other to push our boundaries and make mistakes we can all learn from. Those who do so will get an opportunity to grow with us and share in our success